All. The. Bright. Places

9:25 PM



All The Bright Places 
by Jennifer Niven
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Rating: 5/5

"The thing I realize is that it's not what you take, It's what you leave." - Jennifer Niven, All The Bright Places

I tried to squeeze in All the Bright Places before this month ends (and before hell week starts a.k.a Finals week). I read it right after Falling Into Place (which I also have a book review). 

And after reading I asked myself,  what the hell am I doing with my life? Why did I read that after I read Falling into Place! Both have the same theme by the way. They are both about life and suicide. The difference is, All The Bright Places will make you fall in love and kill you in the end. As to Falling Into Place just makes you sad all over. 

I fell in love with Jennifer Nivens' characters. So. Freaking. Hard. I love Finch, I love Violet. 

I just love them both soooo much. Soooooooo much. Especially Finch of course/ He's so badass and romantic and sweet.

Personally, I'm really looking for books with the same theme: about  trying to get out of your comfort zone and actually live.I'm just so afraid of everything and now that I'm of legal age (but still not tall enough) I've had this realization that I only live once and I should do everything I want to do before it ends. 

So maybe that's why I relate so much to Violet and loved Finch because he "pushed" her. 

Anyway, the problem is I was not really in to the story, because maybe I didn't want it to end. So I totally did a bunch of stuff while reading it. Then I thought the ending was inevitable, and I have to face it. 

In the end, I was a sobbing mess. 

This book is perfection. It's an easy read, does not necessarily need unfathomable words or some twisted,complicated plot to give this story a depth. It's funny, it's sweet, it's inspirational, it's educational, it's romantic, it's sad it's the perfect mix of everything. 

This book will stay with you and might take you to your own bright places.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Read Books

Flickr Images