I'll Give You The Sun

8:56 AM


Title: I'll Give You The Sun
Author: Jandy Nelson
Published: September 16th 2014
Pages: 371
Format: Hardcover
Genre: YA Contemporary
Rating: 4.5/5
I'll give you 4.5 suns (stars) doesn't.. make any sense. ok
Another binge-read episode occurred Because if I will not do it, I would not be able to finish every book I start *ugly tears*
This book is absolutely brilliant. Great, unique plot for a contemporary. Truly inspiring this one is.
The story goes like this:
Twins, Jude and Noah were super close until something happened. that drifted them apart.Told by twins in their own POV, Noah tells the past when it's Jude's turn to tell the present.
Everything is just sinking in now, all the feels, the learnings and how everything in this novel fit with each other.
Personally, I find this kind of a slow read. Might be because it's a tall hardcover (weird, I know), it took me quite a time to  finish some pages! She writes uniquely. I struggled to decipher her words when she's trying to present something metaphorically and have this weird words (in Noah's POV)! I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Halfway through I got used to its uniqueness and was totally mind blown. It will keep you guessing why, how, what really happened between these two.
Different theories will rise every page you turn. You may be right, you may be wrong, but in the end you will understand everything.
Let's talk about characters (!! Spoilers Ahead. I repeat, Spoilers Ahead !!)
All characters seem to be simple at first. But later on, everyone will have a role to play between these twins life that makes you "OHHH" when it clicked.
Just amazing.
The twins are the total opposite of each other in terms of personality (Noah's an introvert while Jude's extrovert) but in other ways they are exactly the same. So you kind of get that a competition between them will soon ensue.
So in the present, they are not as close as they used to be. Their personality switched, and Jude was the one who got into CSA, the art school both of them dreamt to be in to.Which will shock you and that would be your first "why".
i wouldn't go into the other characters because that will probably spoil you more, but you actually get a glimpse of what the characters feel like. They all have their own story to tell, their own dilemmas to solve.
Highly recommend this one because it's radiant.
because it's perfection.
because there will be a British guy (oh yes)
because there will be a possible gay pairing (are they or are they not, read it!)
because it's beautiful. need I say more? Read it!
my original post here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Read Books

Flickr Images