Every day

2:54 PM

Title: Every day
Author: David Levithan
Published: August 28,2012
Rating: 4/5
If you haven’t heard of Every day yet here it how it goes:
A wakes up in different bodies experiences lives of that borrowed body, every day(either a boy or a girl). Until he fell in love with Rhiannon.
It’s as simple and as complicated as that.
Every day has a unique plot which made me uncertain to pick it up before because what’s happening to A is impossible and I didn’t really see how their relationship will work.
It’s definitely one of a kind experience, to be able to read A’s life. His adventures, struggles and of course, love.
This is my first time to read David Levithan’s work. I owned one of novels before, “Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares” but unfortunately I haven’t read it and now it’s lost. I have to say I’m all praises for this person. He gives love a whole different meaning, and goes to certain issues that not all authors will be brave enough to write.
I’ll give it a 4 out of 5 because of its uniqueness. It was kind of slow for me, but it’s definitely worth it.
*Spoilers*
I loved Every day. I loved A, but I’m not sure with Rhiannon. I admired at first but as the story goes on, I had a change of heart.
So yes, A becomes this person different person every single day. We get a glimpse of the lives and characteristics of his host. It was amazing that he really went through with different kinds of genders and love. My favorite person is definitely Andrew. He’s like this positive person and I’m glad A chose him.
That ending! OMFG ASDFGHJKLASAKJDLKSJFLKDSJFLKJLKJljlKJLKAJLKJLJDFJSDKFJL
I did not see that it’s the end already! I really thought I have at least a few pages left and when I flipped it was Acknowledgement! Like how could you end it like that! It’s heartbreaking. But they aren’t my OTP. Here’s why:
For me Rhiannon is an amazing girl. The way she was described by A, she is definitely admirable. But towards the end I didn’t see what A described her as “kind”. She was off every time A is in a body of a girl. It’s not something that is totally bad, because she’s a straight girl, but that’s still A in that body and A loves her so much he wants to see her every day. And she’s the one who wants to see him too. And then she’s also hesitant towards him when he’s in a body of a huge kid and this metalhead kid. But throws herself to him when she A was in a body of this cute guy ugh.
It must be really hard for Rhiannon for to see different people every time. Like, even if both of them want a future together, it is really impossible. So I’m pretty sure I get what she’s feeling.
And there’s Justin. I don’t really know what this kid’s problem is. Really.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Read Books

Flickr Images