Magic Study

7:02 AM

Title: Magic Study
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: 4.5/5


Warning: Contains spoilers from Poison Study and Magic Study itself.

Yelena's adventure continues on as she goes to Sitia, where she was from to find her family and study magic. But knowing Yelena, she is a magnet to danger. She reconnects with her clan, her loving parents but a hateful brother. Is she really home to a place where everything is foreign to her?

I totally admit I binge-read this one yet again. I started a couple of chapters days before, and then continued it yesterday morning. What a ride I must say. Yelena, Yelena, Yelena. What to do with you. She seriously attracts danger. Best thing, she can take anyone on her way, and that's what I really love about her. She doesn't need no man, or anybody else, which did not reflect negativity towards her character. She does not came as some show-off, thoughtless, selfish, adrenaline junkie reckless girl. She acts out of survival and compassion to a person she wants to protect and save.

Brace yourself for another epic adventure of Yelena as she discovers what she's capable of that will either make or break her.

What I don't like, not being with Valek T_T because he's just so perfect! He will always be my literary boyfriend, husband, love--I'm so crazy about him (I'm not being subtle am I?).


*spoiler spoilers spoilers*

I loved Magic Study so much. The writing is as great as the first, same flawless style, genius plot, shocking twists and and and and a lovey dovey in the end! *weird dances* (I'm just so hooked up with Valek, I'm sorry).
I gave it a 4.5 rating because I expected something different in the end. like Ferde is some traitor that I have read in the first chapters but no he's a new character. But Leif's situtation was different. I don't know whether I was not really paying attention to the details but I couldn't grasp the part he played. Was he part of the kidnapping from the start or he was just confiding with Ferde at that moment. And what about the part Figs and his friends participation? Was it to distract Ferde so that he won't see them coming? I think that's it.

And commander Ambrose condition! Like what in the earth had happened? Why could he transform himself/herself? I know that he was really born a woman. But he could transform anytime? Hmmm.

And and and and and why does the Master Magicians seem so weak? Or maybe Yelena was always just ready for actions.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Read Books

Flickr Images