Falling Into Place

10:28 PM


Panda biscuits portraying my feelings for this book
Falling Into Place
by Amy Zhang
Genre: YA, contemporary
Rating: 4/5

"There's More To Life Than Cause and Effect" - Amy Zhang, Falling Into Place

Falling Into Place is a must read. It's not something one will enjoy because it's not a fun read, it's actually a sad sad book.

But the good thing is that it's so realistic. That all the characters are just ordinary people, which means you can experience everything they had gone through.

This book does not have a cheesy love story to it, which I liked because they just focused on Liz, her mistakes and the effect on it to pretty much everyone around her.

The writing style is good, I was not crazy about Amy Zhang's style because every chapter, she writes it like an essay type, that every end of her chapter has a conclusion. It's not a con, of course, it's a personal thing because I have this thing that I read with feelings (lol) so I noticed I was reading it in a wavy way. So it's like, in my head, every chapters sound the same.

Liam is a really interesting character. I didn't expect him play a big part in this book since this book is about Liz Emerson. I liked Liam because he's this person that understood Liz. That didn't hate Liz and didn't hate himself. Liz destroyed his life, his reputation but he still loved her. He was bullied and all, made fun of but he remained strong. Like he took it as a chance to change himself, to who he really is.

Over all I liked it. I wasn't really pumped about it but it is definitely relatable. I wouldn't say it's inspiring either because in the book it just a flashback of Liz's life and what pushed her to plan her own suicide.

But an important thing I got from this book is that how Liz battled with depression. Her life was told by this narrator and it just captured important points of Liz's life. And that nobody should ever make fun of depression, disorders, bullying and suicide.

** I was right about who the narrator was! Did you guess it right too?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Read Books

Flickr Images