Book Break

12:40 AM

TBR pile

I was in book buying hiatus in the last two years, I think.

I don't know what went wrong actually.

It was in my last year in high school when things started--I have no idea what to read next. Like when someone would ask me to recommend them books, I didn't know what to pitch since I, myself can't find a good book to read. So back then I think, I settled for ebooks instead. That was when I discovered the whole New Adult genre. Thank you Colleen Hoover! And Abbi Glines and Jamie McGuire!

I read some of their creations summer before I finally went to College.

My priorities changed, from saving my allowance (I got a slight allowance increase) to buy for a good book to: buying new clothes. My school does not have a uniform, which is not as exciting for me since I have a scarcity of clothes to be honest.

So I was more invested in expanding my wardrobe for the first year of my college life.

And then there was this boy. So yeah, you know the drill.

I wouldn't say I stopped reading, because I read from time to time (during my book buying break). I read Twilight fanfictions (yes I'm a twihard, hate me now) and reread Fifty Shades (yes I'm a Grey girl too, hate me more).

I didn't actually realize that I was not as interested in books for the last two years and that's not okay.

So, I started again this year and aim to widen my book collection (yay!). Thanks to all those bookstagrams actually. It feels like I missed so many, and definitely have to make up for those lost years that instead of shopping and dating, I should have bought a book or two. *sighs*


So now I'm splurging for books. meh

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Read Books

Flickr Images